Recently seen movies. My thoughts.

Anytown, USA. Independent, film festival film about a mayoral election. Talking to the camera, one guy explained the mismatch between the results and the expected results. He claimed that people in Bogota, NJ, himself included, lied when candidates came door to door or made phone calls, happily reassuring candidates that they would vote for them when they had no intention of doing so. Real mature, Bogota.

Sin City. Brought Quinn to this one this weekend. Had to close my eyes many times because of hideously graphic violence. Three stories one after the other. I thought the Mickey Rourke one was best and that just one would have been more than enough. So far no social service representatives have come to my door to investigate irresponsible parenting.

Melinda and Melinda. Worthwhile. Several interesting characters, some fun scenes. Rosalyn and I liked both the tragedy and the comedy. I’m tired of the “it’s not as good as his earlier films” commentary in most reviews. Can't we just live in the present?

Comments

Popular Posts