The Post

The Post is quite a good movie.  You should see it if you want to.  I'm surprised
that this is the first movie Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep have ever appeared in together.  How'd that happen?  I wonder if they're friends now. I wonder if Tom Hanks gave Meryl one of his typewriters from his collection. Probably.

I ended up reading all about the people in the movie on Wikipedia last night.  Ben Bradlee's sister in law is not in the movie, but my wikisearching brought me to her sad story.  Affair with John F. Kennedy.  Murdered while on her daily walk.  Shot twice at close range.  Murderer never identified. Sad stuff.

One thing we've learned from that tumultuous time is that journalists and politicians shouldn't be best friends.  They need to keep their distance.  Otherwise, they're put into a wide range of tricky situations. Better to steer clear and focus on doing your best, forgetting the rest.

Side note: For some reason, I opened up a bag of gummy bears about 15 minutes ago, and I've eaten about 82 of them. I now hate gummy bears more than I can say.  I blame this travesty on the NCTE proposal. Whenever I have a deadline, I start eating ridiculous things. Don't be like me.  Avoid the gummies.  Get your work done efficiently. You've got this.

Comments

Unknown said…
I would have stopped at 77. Just saying. Mark
Anonymous said…
Did the gummy bears help you get the job done?
LH said…
It's not quite done, but so close, so close.

The gummy bears helped me with the initial writing, but overall, I think they may have been a detriment to the whole
process.

Gummy Bears aren't allowed in the house any more.

If I'm writing something.

Popular Posts