- Most people, including me, get tartar buildup right behind their front teeth.
- We have a salivary gland near the bottom of our tongue so saliva pools there.
- If you have a goodly amount of saliva, you get more tartar build up.
- If you don't have goodly amounts of saliva, you tend to have more tooth decay.
- Most medications today have the negative side effect of drying people's mouths out, so that has resulted in problems with increased tooth decay for many people.
- We fight this problem with fluoride, but it's still an issue for many.