The Driveway

I'm working on an NCTE proposal that's due Tuesday.  It's slow going, writing stuff, but the good news is the ideas are all there, just percolating away.  Magically it will all come together in the end.

The other good news is we're heading out to see The Post with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks.  Did you know that Meryl's husband is a sculptor and we have several of his sculptures on our beautiful campus?  Whenever we drive by one, I think, "There's Meryl's husband's sculpture."  I should probably look up his name.

Okay, I just did.  It's Don Gummer.

I love Meryl Streep, so when I pass by Don Gummer's work, I like to think about what she might be doing at that moment. When we passed earlier today, I figured she was probably shoveling her driveway. Meryl's just a normal gal like the rest of us.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Comments

mm said…
I love this bit of information.
Anonymous said…
Ummm...I don't shovel my driveway.
jw

Popular Posts