Saturday, May 02, 2015

The Braves

I've been watching snippets of baseball here and there, but tonight I decided to just relax and watch an entire game.  So of course my team is losing four to nothing.

Wait.  My new favorite player Cameron Maybin just hit a two run homer.  So it's 4 to 2 and I'm feeling hopeful.

Speaking of the Braves, the Thirdlanders are reading picture book biographies.  I have 2 picture book biographies about each famous person.  Yesterday I asked a Thirdlander why he wasn't reading a biography.  He said, "I already read the book about Hank Aaron."
I countered with, "Did you read both books about him?"
He parried with, "There's only one there."
So then I had to walk over to the book bins and find the second book.  I found it in about 22 seconds. When I held it up, the Thirdlander said, "That's about Henry Aaron, not Hank Aaron."

I set him straight and he got to reading.

Shoot.  Now it's 5 to 2.  I am back to being annoyed now.

And as I've been looking for links, the Reds have scored again.  Braves, think of Henry or Hank Aaron, and get your acts together.

4 comments:

LH said...

I think this photograph of the ravine is quite nice. It was taken on trail 7 in McCormick's Creek. McCormick's Creek state park was the first state park in Indiana.

Anonymous said...

I love McCormick's Creek. We used to stay in the cabins with my grandma and grandpa.
jw

mm said...

Spring is absolutely beautiful. Great photo.

KC said...

Damn it. I now want cold-brew coffee.