The Pal


Good Pal Menosky's not doing too great my friends.  She has cancer.  She's in a nursing home right now.  She has a lot of trouble getting words out.  She's frustrated and in pain.  But she still manages a smile when I say something hilarious, as you know I frequently do.  And I get some satisfaction when I sometimes get to be the one that figures out what's bugging her so we can fix it.  I'm extremely depressed about what's going on with GPM.  I love her so much.

Life's tough right now.  Being with the kids at school gives me some moments of cheer.  And tonight, Husbandman and I will venture out to see the new Bourne film.  Husbandman doesn't think it will be good, but he's coming along anyway.  For companionship.  We are both having trouble with missing #1 son, but we know he's doing well, and our job is to support, not thwart, his college adventure.  That's what we're trying to do.  But man alive, it's quiet around here without that bass playing jazz loving kid.

#1, If you're reading this:  We bought you a COFFEE MAKER!  And some COFFEE!!! (FYI)


Comments

kc said…
I'm really sad to hear this news about GPM. So hard. Thinking of you guys!
jdoc said…
I am sad to hear this news too. Sending my love to all. GPM especially.
Anonymous said…
Why why why do these things happen? I'm so glad she gets to enjoy your company. I know I did on Friday evening!
jw
Anonymous said…
GPM is lucky to have you there making her smile. You are a comfort!
N
LH said…
Spent an hour with GPM. She seemed better today. Not as restless and uncomfortable. We were watching tv together and this guy in the next room kept coughing like he was hacking up a lung. After 4 or 5 times I looked at her and said, what the heck is wrong with that guy? She laughed quite a bit. Still can't get many logical words out, but she smiled and laughed and enjoyed looking at some of her fotos from the jpg site. Feeling much more upbeat today.
Now back to the 2 ppts I have to make.
Anonymous said…
Stinks.

Popular Posts