The Citizen

Read a news article about Mr. Sanders, a homeless man who keeps one of our city parks clean.  Some of the fifth graders know this guy. The fifthsters picked out some of the big ideas in the piece and made creative tree maps to back up their big ideas with evidence from the text.  We liked the line in the piece that homelessness didn't "dampen his spirits."  Mr. Sanders has cheer and pride.  I liked talking with the fifth graders about this helpful citizen.

Trying to stay up for Bill Clinton's speech.  But dare I tell you?  I'm quite fatigued.

Comments

LH said…
Another great session with some other fifthsters. One little kiddo surprised me with his comments. He disagreed with me on some points and backed up his claims. I said good job bud, you prove your point. Another r5er said this is like CSI. Yes... Main idea and details = forensic inquiry.
Hi mom. That sounds like a good discussion. I myself a bit fatigued tonight, personally. Hanging out in the basement of Moffitt waiting to be ruthlessly outbid on a broken ebay laptop. When will this game be over? I wish I knew more about computers. Watched a little of O talking tonight. Pretty good.
...Well, it seems I have been officially outbid. If I had been paying more attention, I might have caught that computer at just the right second. But it still wouldn't have been just the right price!

Well. We'll see.

Love you.
LH said…
Let's get a new one. I love new computers.
LH said…
Heading out to see Good Pal Menosky. She's at Meadowwood now.
kc said…
Sounds like a very good lesson. Well done, lh and fifthsters.

Popular Posts