The Cubists


Been reading about cubism tonight.  Trying to help the firsties with an inquiry center about geometry.  Watched a few videos about creating cubist art with littles.  I think it's probably harder than it looks.
Today the tallest second grade teacher sent me a video of his kids singing "Here Comes the Sun."  It's basically the cutest video ever made.  Before I had watched it, the kids came to the lunchroom and they were all squealing, "Did you see our movie????  Duhduhduhdum????!!!!  Here comes the sun!" That filled me with cheer.  They looked so joyful.  Tomorrow they're working on All You Need Is Love.  Tall teacher is working on a fluency with the Beatles adventure with his littles.  I love the Beatles so I have to get up there to do some singing with them.  I should prepare a Beatles power point for that crew.  Beatlemania, coming right up.

BTW, My year at Taco Bell is coming in handy in the lunchroom. The kids now know that I can roll a burrito so when their tortillas flop open, they call me over.  They're fairly impressed with my burrito rolling excellence.  And we all get to chat about our love of The Bell. One kid asked me today, "Why'd you stop working there?"

Comments

KC said…
LOL Taco Bell.

I didn't know you worked there. Was it fun? Was it gross?
mm said…
I love your stories. "Why'd you stop working there?" That's awesome!
Anonymous said…
I think we all know why you stopped working there.
jw
Anonymous said…
Wow! Not only are you an amazing teacher, but you can roll a good taco too?! I always have problems with mine. They flop open and spill every time! :)

Love your stories...

Sarah M.
jdoc said…
I used to work at Pizza Hut and did not acquire any skills. Well, I can answer five phone calls at once probably.
Anonymous said…
I worked at an ice cream store. My scooping muscle was quite strong at the time. I wish I could have pretended today was friday. What the heck is going on here???!
N

Popular Posts