The Kindness


This morning when I got to the literacy cohort, someone I didn't know at all bestowed upon me a great kindness.  She took a yucky looking old zebra bar code sticker off my back.  How the heck did that get there?

Anyway,  the literacy cohort went well.  I finished the 2 ppts at 10:30 last night, (total hours spent on both, probably around 20) then cruised over to kinkos to get the handouts xeroxed.  Stayed up til about 12:30 going over the talks. Slept poorly.  Then, today, come to find out, I forgot to hand out my damned hand out for the second talk.  Those hand outs cost big bucks my friends. (But I might get reimbursed). (But it's my own fault I couldn't use school copying because I finished so late). (But kinkos had brightly colored paper so I didn't really care about the money).  So at the end of the cohort day I was running around forcing people to take the handout, but that was fine.  Everyone was nice about the D5 talks based on the work of Gail and Joan (thanks, Gail and Joan) and it's nice to be this age (51) where I've worked for a district for over two decades and know so many people. Teachers really are pretty neat.  Go teachers!

And that makes me remember that I want to support the Chicago teachers who are fighting against this merit pay nonsense.  Thanks, Chicago teachers.  I don't actually have any red clothing to wear to support you, but I want to go on record that I support you whole heartedly.  Stay strong.  Get it done.

Comments

FView + ChiTown + UCB Female Sexuality Course = all in it together. #ShoutOut2Education. #CantBringUsDown
Jeremy said…
I'll take a handout.

I have friend in CPS. I'm trying to get him to blog about it. I'll let you know. We were partners in the teacher eval class last year, so he shouldhave pretty good commentary on the negotiations.
KC said…
FView + ChiTown + UCB Female Sexuality Course + MNPals = All in it together. #iloveyouguys!
Anonymous said…
I wish I could have heard your prezi! I'm sure it rocked.
jw
LH said…
Love all the caring and the sharing that's going on here. And the solidarity.

Popular Posts