The Game

I drove #1 son and two of his HighSchoolHomeys up to Indy last night to play the wild sport of lacrosse. Lacrosse is a confusing game. I very much enjoy watching it, but I usually have no idea what's happening. I sat next to a gal who was filming the game with her flip. The entire game. Her son watches his mom's films in order to perfect his game. This gal knew everything about lacrosse. As she filmed she explained things that were happening whenever she wasn't screaming directions to her son and my son and the other players. The game ended in a tie, 16 to 16. Her son was our rep in an over time scrimmage kind of thing. He got the ball early and started running towards the goal. She held up her flip, filming, but kept her face buried in the crook of her other arm. Her son ended up scoring, giving us a fantastic victory. She missed it, but she can watch it later.

Comments

cb said…
This blog entry is a perfect short story. Loved it.
I just returned from 3 days in Iowa and saw scenes like your snowy photos.
Love,
cb
LH said…
IOWA????? Why did you go there????

I could tell the woman's son was going to score and I kept saying You should look. You should look! But she couldn't. It really made me laugh.

Love 2u dear...
cb said…
The Iowa trip is a long story. I sent a gmail to you.

She really should have looked. Isn't it strange how some people who give directions just cannot seem to take them?

The scarf story is wonderful too.

Love,
cb
Anonymous said…
Great story!

D/
KC said…
I think lacrosse sounds really exciting. maybe q can give lessons to shef, and then i can be the flip mom someday??
Anonymous said…
Please keep those types of links coming my way.
jw
LH said…
I have the strong desire to blog right now. Sadly, I'm at my job.
Anonymous said…
That is just ridiculous. You need an assistant.
jw
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts