Gratitude #8: The Growth Bodyset

I'm in my head most of the time, so it's nice to focus on my body this month as I fool around with various sankalpa.  Here are some things my body pulled off recently. Warrior poses at Gentle Yoga.  Original dance steps (created by me right on the spot) as I waited for my papers at the xerox machine.  Moonlight walk while talking to #1 Son on the phone.  Hands high in the air as I danced with the Thirdlanders to K'naan's Wavin' Flag.  Four square demonstrations for the newby Thirdlander.  Ten pull ups on the monkey bars.  Okay, that last one is a lie.  But it would be kind of neat if I could do pull ups.  My body refuses the pull ups, but I'm not holding a grudge. I have an attitude of gratitude.  This body is "precious, whole and good."  So is yours and so is everybody's.

Comments

mm said…
I love the pull up lie!
Julie said…
I got to the point where I could do a full three to five pull-ups at one point in my life, but that was many years ago. That body is like a distant dream, but I'm trying to be happy that my body can still do some things.
LH said…
Our bodies rock!

Popular Posts