Gratitude #1: Sankalpa Search

Spent some time looking over 2019 with my blog and my notebook.  Some notes about the year:

I made a C25K goal and I did in fact run a 5K with my siblings, but sadly the slogging tapered off soon thereafter.  I made another goal to get something written, and I do have an article, written with pals, out there in SubmissionLand, hoping to be published in 2020. Cross your fingers for us, please.

 I blogged 145 times, up from the past 3 years, but nowhere near my 2005 record of 315 blog entries. Reading over my 2019 entries was a bit ho hum.  I wrote a few amusing entries, but not that many.  I wrote a lot about Thirdland, and I did enjoy reading about some of the projects we worked on in Room 200, but I want to do more creative writing next year.  Maybe I do.  Not sure, actually.

 We saw 61 movies, 31 of them on the big screen.  (Favorites:  Tell Me Who I Am, Give Me Liberty, Honeyland, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, The Raft, Echo in the Canyon, Yesterday). Definitely want to see more movies in 2020.

My sankalpa of 2019 was kind of a bust.  It had to do with thinking on each day as an adventure.  Really didn't work out since most days I recited my sankalpa in the morning and then followed it up with "Well, I guess."

So it's time for trying out a new Sankalpa for 2020.  I really liked my 2018 Sankalpa which was "I'm a magician lady."  That really brought a smile to my face every day. Do you remember that it came from the title of a painting?  So, I may need to rip something off from the world of the Creatives for 2020. I've a few in mind that I'll noodle around with this month here.  We'll all probably enjoy that quite a bit.

The gratitude challenge is a good idea for the beginning of the year.  Thanks, MM.  I've got a lot of stuff to be grateful for, so why not give those things a shout out here on alittleleeway and start the year with some jubilation?

Comments

mm said…
Yay! I love this picture.
Julie said…
I've joined your challenge. I will do this, damn it. I need to make some changes.
LH said…
I like it too, MM.

YAY, Julie.
KC said…
This is a good idea for a challenge. I should perhaps participate!
LH said…
I don't see why you wouldn't, KC.

Popular Posts