Gratitude #2: The Search Continues.

I'm in a little coffee shop.  This place is usually so quiet and calm, but today there are many Chatty Cathies in here.  There are two young men having an earnest discussion at the next table.  First guy shared his great love for his girlfriend. When he gets his tax return this year, they will get married.  He can not imagine life without her.  The other guy shared that he is probably going to break up with his girlfriend soon because she was high when he introduced her to his parents recently.  That really bothered him.

As for me, I've played around with a few sankalpa today.  Haven't yet landed on the one yet.  I want the sankalpa to focus on the physical this year.  I want to remember to appreciate having a body that can move around and get stuff done.  I don't think I've appreciated this body of mine enough. I need to have an attitude of gratitude for this collection of cells that gets me through the day.  Before long, I'll be sitting around in a recliner all day, waiting for someone I barely know to help me into my wheelchair. My sankalpa might be, Thanks, Body or I might snazz it up a bit.

Comments

mm said…
I love coffee shops and the stories they have inside.
KC said…
This is a very amusing anecdote, and maybe you went local??
Julie Anna said…
I think the recliner/wheelchair combo will be decades away for you, my friend.

Popular Posts