Gratitude #6: The Hydroplaning


I'm super grateful that I didn't get hurt after a hydro-planing incident this morning. Here's what happened.

As I drank some coffee, I saw 4 deer standing in the pouring rain in the backyard.  All facing the same direction. They saw me looking out the window and gestured with their heads and front legs for me to join them.  Happily, I ran out into the rain and mud, eager to stand amongst them.

As I ran across a grassy puddle, I skidded and then hydroplaned into the air, somersaulted over a fence, and landed perfectly upright on my backyard neighbor's deck.  Stuck the landing big time.  The neighbor's dogs went wild barking behind the sliding glass doors.

Luckily, no one seemed to be home, so I walked back around the block to our house, grateful I was able to avoid embarrassing explanations with the neighbor and also grateful that I survived the incident with no physical harm. The deer were gone by the time I got back, so I went in and had another cup of coffee.  I also had a croissant that Husbandman found at the Farmer's Market. He was wondering where I had gone, so I told him the whole story.

Comments

mm said…
Hmmm.... fact or fiction?
Rosalyn said…
Mom. I appreciate what you're doing here. But could you not title your blog posts things like "the hydroplaning"? I almost had a heart attack before I got to the happy ending.
KC said…
LOL, 20something !!
Julie said…
I think it was a set up by the deer. They look nice, but they aren't that nice.

Popular Posts