Gratitude #9: Power of Song


We've been listening to, singing, and reading about, songs for social change.  Fables of Faubus, Which Side Are You On?, Wavin' Flag.  Protest songs help give us hope, raise awareness and promote solidarity.  We played We Shall Overcome on our kazoos while holding protest signs.  Our performance was just for us, but 23 exuberant Thirdlanders in one place believing there can be a better future has been known to generate an attitude of gratitude.

At the end of the day, the kazoos went home in the backpacks.  Another source of gratitude.  See you next time, Kazoos. Thank you for your service.

Comments

mm said…
I wish you would have recorded it! I absolutely love this.
Julie said…
I'm sure your teaching is rubbing off some on these kids and that they will be all the better for it.
KC said…
I think the parents will be very grateful for the kazoos! And, I wish every third grader could have you as their teacher.

Popular Posts