Yayoi Kusama



We were in Kusama's Infinity Mirrored Room for one minute only and we all felt we needed more time. Luckily, I'm in Toronto for a bit longer and I can go back to the room again. I wish I had bought the picture book about Yayoi Kusama in the gift shop.  I had never heard of her before and I'm kind of ticked off at myself about that. Get on the stick, Heffernan. Learn new stuff.

Not making excuses, but I've been distracted because of my mouth situation.  Tomorrow I'm having dental bone graft surgery.  I could have had the surgery today, but the periodontist suggested I might prefer the whole experience if anesthesia were involved. I gave a big thumbs up to that idea.  So tomorrow the whole surgical team will be there, waiting for me to crash out, so they can open up my gum with some kind of blade and stick bone graft material into the problem area.  This material comes from a CADAVER. I think it does, anyway. After the cadaver's body parts are inserted into my jaw, I'll wake up and hope for the best.  Please cross your fingers that the dead person's bone will come to life inside my body and grow like crazy.

Comments

cb said…
Good job waiting on the anesthetic.

I need to read up on Yayoi Kusama.

Thank you for this post. Toronto is an excellent place to be today.

xo
cb
lee said…
Yes, I have to admit that being out of country was AOK with the TANK nonsense going on in DC.
Makes me really down. I feel like sending DT our fridge magnet with Yoko and John's words: WAR IS OVER (If you want it).
But let's face it, he wouldn't get it.

This Yayoi Kusama is fascinating and I think there's a documentary about her.

Love 2 U Cynthia.
Judy said…
This picture is phenom.
jw
mm said…
Wow! These pictures are amazing... good luck with your surgery.

Popular Posts