The Didn'ts


Our friend Streibie heard about a back to school writing activity where kids write about what they didn't do during the summer, rather than what they did do.  I decided to try it out myself and here it is thusly:

What I Didn't Do on my Summer Vacation  
by Lee Heffernan

I didn't finish the article I was writing.  I didn't learn how to play my ukulele.  I didn't see a moose.  I didn't swim in Lake Ontario.  I didn't make a collage each day.  I didn't raft down the Colorado River or swim with sea turtles.  I didn't go to the zoo.  I didn't run a 5K.  I didn't throw a party. I didn't fly in a hot air balloon.

But I did have fun.  I walked and blogged.  I saw a beaver and went to the aquarium.  I made some #joybots and read some books.  I wrote in my notebook every day and made progress on the article.  I saw some friends and bought some zines.  I saw Niagara Falls and hiked in Algonquin National Park. I danced with my family and ate a lot of dumplings.

All in all, good times.  Fare thee well, Summer of 2019.  I wish you could stick around awhile longer, but it's time for us to part ways.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to be on the list of 'DIDS' rather than the list of "DIDN'TS". You have a few more days off, I hope, yes?
Judy said…
To be honest, kathy's favorite statement, I'm not a fan of the "didn't do list" but instead love the "did list"!!
jw
mm said…
I like the didn't idea for kids that don't have the money, etc. others do to have great summer vacations. I, however, would like to focus on my dids, so I don't feel bad about what I didn't do.
kstreib said…
I like the follow up of what I did do. I'll probably use that! I'm sorry that you didn't see a moose. That wouldn't have been cool. Next time!
kstreib said…
would have....

Popular Posts