The Lobster

Our niece Laura is getting married this weekend. We're here in Berkeley for her wedding.  I remember the day this gal was born.  I was teaching first grade in San Francisco and I headed to the hospital after work to meet her.  She was perfect.  She still is. I love her something crazy. I love her future husband too.  They're starting an epic adventure.

Here's the sad news. I got some weird rash today and I'm home alone watching Hoarders instead of joining the Tish festivities. Fear not.  I'm bound and determined to be at the wedding tomorrow.

When I went to Urgent Care today and showed the doctor my rash, he said, "Wow!  You're turning in to a lobster!  We're going to have to throw the kitchen sink at this thing."  He's not sure why I have this rash, but he suspects that my sun sensitivity went awry because of an antibiotic I was taking for my dental surgery.

Geez Louise.  What a pain.  I'm annoyed, but I just have to deal with it.  Luckily, Hoarders is on, and my skin's feeling a little less itchy.  Prednisone and an oatmeal bath might be the way out of this fiasco.

Comments

Judy said…
Oh geez louise I'm so sorry. I hope the meds kick in v soon.
jw
mm said…
"We're going to have to throw the kitchen sink at this thing." Dang!
cb said…
Man, I am so sorry. Hope you are feeling better today and that the kitchen sink cure is working. xo
KC said…
DRAG-O-RAMA. I can't believe this!! I hope it's on the mend.

Popular Posts