The Drive


We had a pleasant drive out to Bellefontaine today.  I wasn't up for hiking, so we just drove and then stopped for ice cream.  I had pistachio.

Then we drove to Erin and went in a few shoppes.  I bought a plastic tarantula and some frog stickers.

When my sister and I visited my grandparents the summer after my fourth grade year, we went on drives on the weekends.  My grandmother would pack up some snacks and my grandfather would drive.  Once we went to Logan's Pond. At first it seemed kind of strange, to just be driving with no real purpose, but by the end of that trip, I was a big fan.  Sometimes Husbandman and I drive somewhere and then we look for pie. We usually don't find pie, but it doesn't really matter. A long drive is just the ticket if you're feeling punky.  You just stare out the window and think about stuff.  It's relaxing.  #TipsforLivingYourLife

Comments

kc said…
The drive plus the spider plus the stickers is win-win-win
mm said…
Pie is always better than cake... just saying...
Judy said…
I love drives as well. No purpose fits my purpose.
jw
Julie Anna said…
Just catching up from our monumental trek. Can’t believe that somehow I missed the post about the June blog challenge. “delights” was a wonderful topic. In any case, this year June was one long ball of stress for me and was not too delightful. But I’m back, caught up on your delights, and once My body decides on a time zone, I will share a few of my own, because July has been far more delightful than June was. Sorry about the dental surgery and the rash. Both things are awful.

Popular Posts