Thursday Creativity Share: Poetry Out Loud



Poetry Out Loud : A Barred Owl



I was listening to the radio and heard about the Poetry Out Loud competition.  This local teen has started a poetry club at her high school.  Her passion for poetry was palpable.  In her interview she said that her club would be about poems and about loving one another and healing and changing lives. Sign me up, I screamed at the radio.



I also learned about a program at the Indianapolis Museum of Art called Closer Look.  I'm interested in this program because you team up with a curator and talk about one piece of art for an hour or so.  Doesn't that seem like a perfect thing to do?



Thursday Creativity Share:  A poem about an owl.  A photograph of a crocheted chick apple holder.  Closer Look.  Glory days once again.

Comments

KC said…
POL is one of my favorite things. Our 8th graders do a whole unit on it and have an in-house competition. When my colleague told me about the unit, I was skeptical, but then it turned into the world's best thing to teach. I think the Thirdlanders should probably do it.
mm said…
This is a good reminder that I should use the Poetry Out Loud website more. I, too, do a poetry slam at the end of the year. It's one of the best things that happens in my class.

Popular Posts