Wednesday, March 04, 2015

The Ages

Screen shot from the Cornell Lab Great Horned Owl Bird Cam

 We're reading a book about a guy who invents a potion for reversing aging.  He's an elderly man who now inhabits the body of a 13 year old.  I asked the kids to write about ages. Most like their age quite a lot. One Thirdlander is very pleased that she's nine because she now has a bra and uses deodorant.  At morning meeting, every kiddo read a snippet from their texts.  When they were all done I read my lead, "I like being 54.  I get to stay up as late as I want every single night."  The group erupted into vehement screams of "THAT'S NOT FAIR!"

They really got quite riled up.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our preacher mentioned an article he read the other day that 35 1/2 is your prime age. It's all down hill from there, I guess. My husband will be there in August. I'm going to study him and see if he's at his best. It's too late for me. ��

Sarah M.

nancy reynolds said...

But look at what they have to look forward to!
N

mm said...

I am elderly and would like to inhabit the body of a younger person, but there is NO WAY I would choose the body of a 13 year old. That's insane!!

KC said...

I remember how exciting it is to start using deodorant. So sweet.