Sankalpa 1: Letting Go of Christmas


In the spirit of letting go I decided to break down Christmas today.  20 Something and Husbandman helped.  We packed up everything, dragged out the tree, and swept up the tree needles in one hour and 23 minutes.  That's pretty good when you think about it.  We had a killer tree this year, so I thanked the tree on its way out the door.  I felt a little sad putting all the stuff away because next year we'll be in Israel, so we won't open those boxes for 2 years.  Still, I started thinking about how fun it will be to have 20Something and #1Son visiting us right around this time next year.  Husbandman and I took a walk through our snowy neighborhood after the holiday was packed safely away.  Splendid snow every where we looked.

I've been reading about Sankalpa. I like the emphasis on making it simple and saying "I am" rather than "I want."

On another note I've seen 3 quite good movies on this beautiful break. While we broke down Christmas, we watched Sleepwalk With Me.  Good. Yesterday, we saw Silver Linings Playbook.  It's delightful and I think Bradley Cooper should get nominated for the Oscar for his quirky performance.  Anna Karenina is also good (Husbandman was less enthusiastic on this one), and I enjoyed the ways memories from reading the book 30 years ago kept popping into my head as I watched.  If you want to see any of these films, you should.

Comments

mm said…
I'm having a difficult time with when to take down my decorations. I even posted a question about it on FB. Good for you!

BTW- I think it's Sankalpa 2 for you!
LH said…
Hey MM, I know It's technically day 2, but Julie started again so I thought I would too. More blogging, more fun, iow.

Popular Posts