Fall 2012 #69: The Fall

The Perky Preschool Teacher who is just about as awesome as a teacher can get asked me to help out today with their seasons inquiry center.  They're studying Painting by Marsden Hartley.  Their concept is PATTERNS.  So anyway, in this center they have been studying seasons.  So when I got there, PPT was going to split up the kids into season centers.  I got to reach into the hat and pick my season first.  I said, "OMG, I'm hoping I get my favorite season!"  I pulled out FALL on the FIRST nab!  I was dancing about in happiness.  That's when PPT reminded the preemies to accept any season they happened to pull from the hat.  Anyway, I went to the fall center where a zillion fall books sat on the table.  The preemies were supposed to look through the books and tell me fall stuff that they saw and I would write the fall stuff on a paper.  I think they liked to say my name because for about 20 minutes all I heard was "Dr. H, red berries!" and "Dr. H. Colorful Leaves!" and "Dr. H. jack-o-lanterns!" and "Dr. H. I love you Dr. H." Obviously, I was in my glory, taking dictation and soaking in the sweet friendliness.  I'm going back on Thursday.

Comments

KC said…
I wish you could visit Mac's pre-k. Basically, I just want you to me my kids' literacy helper all the time. There's a great job for you open at my school, btw. Get on that!!
LH said…
Today was the kind of day that makes this offer tempting. But tomorrow, I'm
Back in the fray!
jdoc said…
I love that part about reminding the preemies to accept the season they pulled from the hat right after you spiked the football, so to speak. Good stuff.

Popular Posts