Fall 2012 #73: The Job

Stayed pretty cheerful today.  Taught 2 really fantastic classes this morning, Thirds and Kinders. Lunchroom had a few fun moments.  Helped a bit in first grade and before I left they sang and grooved to Jingle Bell Rock for me.  Then we had the school sing.  One gal was crying a bit because she had no partner to sit near.  "Everyone's partnered up already.  Even my brother won't be my partner.  And I know who his partner is.  It's his GIRLFRIEND!" she wailed. After I got the inside deets on the girlfriend situation, I offered her a spot next to a nice older kid.  "I don't even know who that kid is!" she started crying again.  Then her teacher waved her over.  "It's totally squished over there!" she sobbed.  Somehow between her friendly teacher's kind waving and my supportive encouragement, we got her into the spirit.  My fave song of the day:  Must Be Santa.  That song can not be beat.

 I've got til midnight to write 2 more posts.  But right now I'm heading out to celebrate Judith's birthday. NO matter what, I've got to remember to blog when I get home.  This can be done.  Oh yes, it can be done.

Comments

Eli and I agreed that "Must be Santa" was our favorite all-school-sing song also!
LH said…
Some people thought the sing was too rowdy, but I loved it.
Sing it out, Wildcats!

Popular Posts