Fall 2012 #65: The Story


One day this second grade kid (whom I adore) asked me if anyone could get hit by a train and still be alive.  "Kid," I told him. "The answer is yes.  My MOM got hit by a train and she is still alive."
The kid begged me to tell him the story, but I told him that it was too noisy and I needed just the right quiet to tell the story. Every day, cool kid asks for the story but I'm always too frazzled to oblige. So today the kiddos were actually being awesome in the lunchroom (MIRACLE OF MODERN SCIENCE!)  and Kid asked for the story for the gazillionth time.  So I told the story of my mom getting hit by the train.  I did not use the microphone because I didn't want to interrupt the eating of other diners. As I told the story, Kid's entire table listened with rapt attention.  Peeps at other tables were quietly listening as well.  One nearby kid asked me to tell the story again, using the microphone.  I declined.  Then she asked me if I would tell the story to her table tomorrow.  "Yes," I replied.  "I will come by tomorrow and tell the story to your table."  It's an amazing story, so their enthusiasm makes sense to me.  I get it.  

Right now, I have 3 more things on my TO DO list before I can blow this pop stand and get home to fun with the fam.

Comments

mm said…
Ahhh...I want to hear the story. Video for the blog! Video for the blog!
Anonymous said…
I love this story. Eliot loves it. So does Grace. As does KR. Now I want to hear it again. It got you out of jury duty once, didn't it?
N

Popular Posts