Fall 2012 #51: The iPads

I'm at an iPad workshop this morning.  It hasn't started yet.  I hope I learn something new and fascinating because I love the iPad a lot. I have to leave at lunch time because 50,000 things are happening at Artful School this afternoon.  But that's okay.  I want to just do my best and forget the rest.
Here's something else.  I saw a beautiful documentary last night called Orchestra of Exiles.  It's about Brunislaw Huberman and how he started an orchestra in Palestine because the Nazis were firing Jewish musicians in Europe.  It's a great movie, and if you want to see it, you really should.

Comments

mm said…
Do tell... What did you learn?
Anonymous said…
I wish I could have been there!!!
jw
LH said…
Okay, I didn't learn a heck of a lot.
Either I know more than I think I do, or the presentation wasn't that informative. Or we might be somewhere midway between the 2.

I did learn about an app called Talking Tom. It's a little cat that repeats what you say.

Others were crazy about Socratic, an app that turns your ipad into a clicker, but I don't think I would use that. I would like to backchannel with some kids.
Unknown said…
I signed up for the Socratic thing once, but I didn't end up using it that much.

I bet you're an ipad pro, and that's the prob.

Popular Posts