Fall 2012 #67: The Story I wrote about a true event

My Offering to the Work Deities
Once upon a time, in a kingdom far away, I used to have weekly meetings with teachers at various times during the week, often after school.  Then the monarchs of the kingdom decided to have late starts on Wednesdays and all the teacher teams met at exactly the same time for one hour.  Lo, I found I could not attend 7 meetings at once, and so I wandered aimlessly, wishing for contact.  But Lo yet again, suddenly, on a bright late fall afternoon, the tribe of third grade teachers assembled, in my very office.  Together we set upon hashing out standards, assessments, and lo these many future plans.  And so, in the end, I felt connected and part of the good work of the tribe and left this very day wishing we could return some day to after school and lunch time meetings of yore, when I was verily in attendance.

Comments

KC said…
Are you saying you want an average of 6+ meeting per week?
LH said…
Yes!

Popular Posts