The Rules

Last year at this time I was riding a bike around Ile De Re in France.  It was so relaxing.  Now I'm at school, trying to work on an inquiry center for an artful learning unit. I'm using Michael Pollan's book FOOD RULES, an eater's manual, with illustrations by Maira Kalman.  I came across this nice quote from Maira:  "I'm trying to figure out two very simple things.  How to live and how to die.  And I'm also trying to have some meals, and some snacks, yell at my children, and do all the normal things."

I wonder what I'm trying to do here.  Trying to figure out how to talk to people directly, and lovingly.  Trying to figure out how to keep up with research when I'm not part of academia anymore.  Trying to let my children be exactly who they want to be. And I'm also trying to have a couple of laughing moments each day, get outside and look at flowers, show my friends and family how much i care for them, and do all the normal things.

Comments

mm said…
Life... it's so easy and so complex... you're doing great.
Anonymous said…
I wonder how we even get out of bed.
jw

Popular Posts