The Golfing


Went to the golf scramble yesterday to raise $ for our Artful School.  Hunterman got me some clubs, gave me some lessons, and brought me a bloody mary before the first hole.  In short, Hunterman rocks. I'm not sure I ever blogged this, but Hunterman shot 4 coyotes over spring break. I find that amazing.  And he shot a turkey just 30 minutes into turkey hunting season, effectively wrapping up the season for him because you can only shoot one, I just found out.  Anyway, after just a 40 minute golf lesson, I found I was able to hit the ball, sometimes kind of far. I didn't ever achieve loft, but Hunterman told me not to try to achieve loft.  I kind of get the whole golfing thing.  I liked being with a group of 3 good pals, driving around in golf carts, in a beautiful setting of grassy knolls and forested glens.  Drinking a bloody mary.  Who wouldn't like that?  We decided to stop after 5 holes though.  5 holes seemed perfect.  My team, called the Just Us Golfers, was a lot of fun.  We really didn't know much about golf, but we made it up as we went along.  At one point, KVS, said to me, "Which glub do I use? I think I need a new glub. What's it called again?"
"Do you mean club?" I asked her.
Come to find out, she did mean club.  We aren't inside members of the golfing discourse, but if I keep doing these golf scrambles, I'll get there eventually.  One thing I don't like about golf is waiting for some people to finish, while other people behind you are kind of rushing you along.  A golf dream would be to have the whole course for my team only.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall.
jw
LH said…
Or the golf cart as the case may be
KC said…
Love it.

This is off topic, but I'm super sick and I feel like everyone should be feeling bad for me. Is that selfish?
LH said…
That's horrid. Poor you. Why are you getting sick at this point?
Miniature golfing? We could try it.
Anonymous said…
Sorry you had to wait! Sometimes that what happens when you are behind pros like us... Wink wink
-kd
LH said…
I can handle the waiting, KD! It was fun yelling out encouragement to you and your cousin! You have a fun fam.

Thanks for commenting, IR. Yes, goony golf would be good. I need work on the putting.
Anonymous said…
kvds thinks she is the best miniature golfer around. Maybe they call them glubs there.
jw
LH said…
She made us aware of her great miniature golf achievement.

I certainly would like to witness this.

And in a few days, we will have nothing but time.
Bro-in-law said…
If you take up golf, you can be known as a Tiger Mom.
LH said…
Tiger Mom. I'm into that. HI BROski!!!!

Popular Posts