The Leasts


Tonight I had to go to the supermarket yet again.  The place was a ghost town. No one there but me.  I wonder how these supermarkets stay in business.  I bought a suddenly salad for #1 son's journalism picnic tomorrow.  It was the least I could do.  His journalism teacher is phenomenal.  THANK YOU, JOURNALISM TEACHER!  I made the Suddenly Salad, but I boiled the pasta a little long and it's somewhat mushy.  Hope #1 isn't embarrassed to bring it to school.  At this point, I'm feeling like even when I try super hard, things aren't working out that great.  Please Husbandman, come home asap.

There's a kid I love at Artful School.  Let's call him Mr. Fuss.  Mr. Fuss always has something driving him crazy.  He has a little furrowed brow and he's always screaming about this or that. Every day he screams at me in the cafeteria, using hand gestures like no one's business. Last week he apologized to me for interrupting a lesson I tried to give.  I forgave him and he started screaming and crying, "It's so hard for me to not interrupt!  No one understands how hard this is!"  I gave him a little mini-lesson on the art of the quick and simple apology and he seemed to calm down a little.   This kid is a top notch maniac, but there's something about him that just melts my heart.  Today he was standing in the stairwell with his hands clutching his head.  I asked him what was going on. He started waving his hands around in my face and screaming,  "This kid at recess is driving me crazy.  Today he told me I was a piece of crap!"  It's such a mean thing,  but the way he said it was sadly funny.  I laugh about it every time I think about it.  Poor guy.  Life's tough enough without this crap nonsense.  I love this kid and I'm going to try to straighten out his nemesis on the morrow.  It's the least I can do. I'm not promising any miracles here, but we'll have a go at teaching the peeps yet again about the art of civil discourse.

Comments

KC said…
So cute. So impulsive. I love those kiddos.
Anonymous said…
This made me laugh. I wonder if I know Mr. Fuss. But, surely there may be more than one at Artful School.....
-MG
StreibProjects said…
I bet his name starts with a B.
Anonymous said…
The things we hear ourselves saying. There's a boy who visits the library that I constantly have to remind that a rule when he's near me is he can not but his finger in his nose.I say this loud and proud.
jw
LH said…
Update: The journalism kids loved the suddenly salad! SCORE!
mm said…
I love your stories about the kiddos!

Our last day is June 8 which isn't that great!

Popular Posts