The Grants

Sad news. I'm on a committee that reads grant proposals and votes to give teachers money or not. I've had 26 grant proposals in my bag for a week, but I didn't realize that I had to have them all read for a meeting tomorrow afternoon. I've read 23 tonight and I have 3 more to go.
(I have a presentation I have to give at a meeting on Thursday too. A presentation I haven't started planning yet).
I feel a little sad that I forgot the date of the grants meeting. Because I forgot about this onerous task, I'm not with my good friend jw who is speaking to the school board about the budget cuts that are going to take a lot of jobs away from people and services away from kids. . There's a big meeting tonight about all the cuts.
I read about an anonymous donor who paid 104 million dollars last week for a Giacometti sculpture. I wish that donor could give our school 5 million dollars so our kiddos could have librarians and trips to Bradford Woods and Honey Creek School and smaller classes with teachers they know and love. If that donor could do that, he/she could do so much good and still have almost 100 million dollars. That would be a win/win, imho.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fantastic photo!

D/
Anonymous said…
Wait, my photo or yours? I call dibs for Xmas cards next year..

Bummer about having to go to meetings and explain why they should not cut MILLIONS of dollars out of budgets. California is now at #50 in the nation for what is spent per kid on pubic education... don't get me started.
LH said…
thanks, this was in brown county state park.

JC, it's actually mine, but yours is pretty much identical. Okay on the dibs! :)

Yeah, we're freaking about our poor schools.

Popular Posts