The Snow

Man o maneschewitz. Yesterday was a bad ass day. A few people were okay, but there were several horrid incidents of other people being rude. Then more people being rude. And then a bit later, even more rudeness, coupled with a tinge of aggression.
That old adage about how no one likes change? Never doubt its veracity.

I told Husbandman last night, "I'm going to move away and no one will know where I am. And when the compound calls and asks where I am, you won't know. You'll just tell them all that I moved away." Husbandman said, "You're not going anywhere. Give me 30 minutes in there with a baseball bat and we'll get this situation under control."
Today's a snow day, (Thank you GOD!) so maybe I can put this all behind me and go on to the next right thought, the next right action.

Comments

cb said…
Really sorry about all the bad behavior you have to deal with but I just love the image of Mr. Husbandman going in there with a baseball bat. I can really see it.

A lovely photo too. Although the only way I could identify #1 for sure was his very Husbandman-like posture. These kids are growing up too fast. It's unnerving.
LH said…
C, I'm working with all adults this year. Man, when they decide to act up, they can be pretty tough!!!!

#1 has the Mets shirt on too. Another cool connection.

I agree it's unnerving. It's unnerving that #1 is still asleep and it's almost noon. We're having a snowy snow day today. He should wake up and watch Mr. Rogers with me!
Anonymous said…
Jealousy rears its ugly head in many different ways, including resentment, rudeness, and ugliness.

You lucked out with the snow day. Early dismissal would have worked just fine.

D/
LH said…
Yeah, it was unnecessary. In one way. And very necessary in another.
I'm almost over my annoyance at the bad people.
KC said…
I really feel for you on this crappy situation.

On a positive note, #1 looks adorable in this photo.
Anonymous said…
I'll provide the bat.
jw
marion said…
Thanks for posting this picture of our growing-up-too-fast boys! It's eerie how much Q.'s body looks like your husbands! wow!

And thanks for having this big crowd over! I hope THEY behaved themselves!
LH said…
They were wonderful. They're very consumed with Smash Bros.

Popular Posts