The Note

Yesterday was not a charming day. New kid came in and man oh manischewitz he was a force to be reckoned with. I won't go into the gory details, but just accept it when I tell you that there was bedlam in that room, bedlam the likes of which I've never seen. The peeps had to write me letters at the end of the day and one wrote, "This place is nuts, including me and you." Another kid wrote, "Don't feel you're a bad teacher! It was just an off day!" I thought that was v. generous. After a relaxing evening in front of Top Chef and a good siesta, I'm feeling better. I'm going back in. Cover me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I want details! See, these are just the stories I need from you and your new school! I had a nightmare last night, and I guess you actually lived the nightmare! Hang in there! Remember the bars close by...!
N
KC said…
oh geez louise. that sounds serious.

and then the bad decision on top chef.

what a day.
Anonymous said…
Take pictures!!
Julie Anna said…
Glad to run into you at Tar-jay. So sorry to hear about the nightmare of a day. It sounded taxing in the extreme. Poor kid, and poor you. Who was eliminated on top chef? I keep trying to watch, and I keep seeing re-runs which I've already seen, so I know who is booted at the end of each episode, down to about six people, but I can't seem to ever catch the NEW episodes, so I don't know who is left. Guess I'd better do some web research....
LH said…
Big meeting with newkid and a posse of adults today. Not a perfect day by any means, but not the nightmare of yesterday. Yay hooray.
l
LH said…
i'm nervous this friday morning because of my week's pattern:

Monday: quite bad
Tuesday: wonderful
Wednesday: nightmare beyond compare
Thursday: v. pleasant

You see?

Popular Posts