The NearDisaster

Scene 1, yesterday after lunch.
Kid 1: Hey someone left a cell phone on my desk.
Newkid: Hey, that's mine, she took it out of my desk.
Me: Give it to me. I'll keep it in my pocket and give it to you at 3:15.
Newkid: Don't lose it!
Me: Relax, it's in my pocket.

Scene 2, Right before dismissal.
Teacher: (walking in, panicked) Hey, did you find a cell phone in here? I think I left it when I came in at lunch to talk to you.
Me: (pulling cell phone out of pocket, spoken with tone of astonishment) Um, this isn't it, is it?
Teacher: Oh thanks so much, you found it (takes it and walks out).
Me: (staring at newkid, speechless)
Newkid: Hey wait a minute. Mine was a different color, I remember now.
Me: (looking at clock on wall) Okay, let's get our backpacks and get ready for the weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
They lie so convincingly. It's frightening. Weekend much needed.

Btw, are you in Oregon or Washington in these pics? I was just there and it looks v. familiar.
LH said…
Hey doll, we were in the Olympic Peninsula, part of Washington. This particular pic was the Hoh Rain forest. i'm going to try some diss revisions today. cross your fingers for me.
Undomestic said…
You're going to have so many greast stories to write about this year!!!!

Popular Posts