The Snow


We finally get more snow last night. Teen Daughter and I head out to hike and collect blog imagery at our little lake. We pass a guy packing up his fishing tackle. He yells out at us, "Now I'm going deer hunting!" I almost ask him not to do that, but he seems pretty excited and I don't want to dampen his spirits. I smile and murmur something about what a beautiful day it is. For him, today's a great day to head outside to kill fish and deer. For me, it's a great day to watch basketball and pretend I know how to do sodoku. I truly hope it's a great day for you as well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am completely hooked on sudoku. . . level easy, that is. I'm gonna work up to moderate very soon.
LH said…
i have to do the easiest level. rosalyn and pedro have moved on, but i'm staying put.
KC said…
I do level easy, too, but I'm happy with that.

I'm not that good at logic puzzles. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.
LH said…
I'm heading to bed with the 1 star sodoku from today's paper. It's really easy and that's how i like it.
if i can stay awake til the bachelor, my life will be complete.
Julie Anna said…
I am also hooked on sudoku. Doing logic puzzles has basically been my job for the last 25 years. It's the the thing that got me interested in computer programming--I otherwise pretty much despise computers. But sudoko is killing me. I worked through all the easy ones in my book in a flash and thought hey, I really grok this sudoko stuff. Then I started in on the moderate ones ...AYYIIIIIEEE. One night I had about 4 squares left to fill in and realized I'd made a mistake because the only option was to repeat a number in a row. And having no memory I couldn't work backwards far enough to fix it, so I furiously erased the whole damn puzzle and slammed the book down. I have to get back on this horse because, while I am not competitive with others, I am extremely competitive with myself, and sudoko must not beat me.
LH said…
that's the annoying thing about sodoku. About 1/3 of the time I realize i made a mistake when i think i'm bringing it home. then you just have to (or i just have to) throw in the towel and start a new one. i can never figure out how to fix a mistake.

Popular Posts