The Love

Over and over again today I told the sixers, "Remember...today's the day of LOVE!" I think they got a little tired of me saying it, but the eye rolling could have been for anything. You never know. While eating chocolate, we wrote about this day o love in our notebooks. Most sixers love the candy and the friendship. They're very particular about the cards. Batman...out. SpongeBob...in. One sixer disagreed with the group and wrote that today's just a ridiculous celebration of an annoying guy in diapers shooting arrows at our butts. Good job introducing a new perspective, I told him. Especially on this fantastic Day OF LOVE!
We teamed up with the littles today and wrote valentines, integrating candy hearts by gluing them into our messages. Chomping and gluing, kids wrote notes like, "To Mom, you GO GIRL." And "Mom and Dad, you will always BE MINE. I'll CALL HOME soon." A sixer made one for me that's on the fridge now, "Ms. H., BE TRUE to yourself. LOVE LIFE and DREAM. Then I'll BE GOOD." That's a good valentine to get. So much wisdom in a box of chalky candy. This Day of LOVE has suited me fine. I left at noon, just as the sixers were really starting to get wound up. And I'm taking tomorrow off.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sixers have all the best advice. LOVE LIFE and DREAM. I'm taking that with me.
Anonymous said…
On this Day of Love, I wish you much love, hugs, and laughter. Enjoy your day off tomorrow- you lucky dog! It's a slow night at work so it gave me a chance to catch up with you. I love it when students have more important things to do than come see me. Take care.
Anonymous said…
I agree with your student with a different view.

After a fellow teacher commented on my all black Valentine's outfit and said, "I hope cupid finds you today."
I replied, "If see cupid, I am going to kick his a#$.

She did not see the humor.

Jeff
LH said…
hey jdoc. the sixers do seem to have a handle on the important stuff. none of it involves school as far as i can tell.
marion, thanks for stopping by kiddo. I am takign the day off to go to a doctor. and grade memoirs. i have a weird tightness in my throat and i want it to get checked out. sadly, i just googled "goiter" for some reason and I've been eating chocolate since that moment. And checkign the mirror. I don't know why i decided i might have a goiter. i just did.
jeff, you make me laugh. and that's a real public service on this day, when i'm focused almost solely on goiters. merci beaucoup, mr. b.
KC said…
i thought i had a goiter one time. i could feel it growing. it turns out my thyroid was enlarged, but everything turned out okay.

hope it's the same for you.
Anonymous said…
Stop goggling medical problems!Our catastrophic fears kick in then. You are cracking me up! I hope all went well at the doc's.It was good to chat last night. El was asking when FOTD was starting up--not soon enough! I am hoping for some warmer weather so we can be out on the deck!
N
LH said…
i found out i have a globus, not a goiter. i guess that's good.
if you google image "goiter," you get some pictures that will keep you awake at night. even my high tolerance for such things broke down and I'm still freaking a little bit over what I saw.
Julie Anna said…
What is a globus? And can we expect to see pictures on the blog, ala "the toe" incident? I agree with not googling medical conditions although I'm mighty curious, now, about a globus and whether or not I have one, too.
LH said…
Globus Hystericus: It is caused by the muscles in the throat contracting due to anxiety or stress. Sometimes it feels like you cannot swallow anything and trying to makes it worse. This is another example of a symptom, which will improve if you give it no credibility. It is totally harmless and will not cause you to stop breathing, eating or drinking, it is just very unpleasant.

i'm trying to give it no credibility, but this darned globus is tenacious and it will not be denied.

Popular Posts