The Orca


On the ferry ride to Galliano Island, I saw an orca leap out of the water very near the boat. The sight stopped my breathing and all time stood still. I finally yelped an exclamation in time for a few fellow travellers to see the orca too. I kept my eyes peeled for orcas constantly after that, but saw none. When my kinfolk chided me for not being satisfied with an awesome first day sighting, I recognized their rightness and switched over to an attitude of gratitude, while still scanning the horizon for orcas at every opportunity. Galliano Island is a spectacular place to swim in icy water, bury yourself in pebbles, hike along high ridges with stunning views, and cavort with cousins. Please head over to Galliano Island as soon as possible. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Undomestic said…
That picture is awesome!!!!
Anonymous said…
Mah frand,
You have seen the orca. Is your life complete? That must have been a really fantastic vision. The vacay sounds great.
Anonymous said…
I will commence hitting your site. :)
Anonymous said…
Love this photo. So glad the Orca sighting made your life complete.
Anonymous said…
If I weren't SO happy for you, I'd be GREEN with envy! -- I want to see one SOOOO badly! --- SO glad y'all had a wonderful time!! B&B
LH said…
bonjour mes amis, The Orca did make my life complete. but now i'm in room 401, and it is a bare, dirty dusty room with boxes everywhere and i'm trying to remember why I don't live on an island with orcas nearby. i've got to get to the bottom of this.
Julie Anna said…
Or was this an example of getting exactly what you wanted, thinking it would make your life complete, and yet....you were left with the unsatisfied desire to see another orca ;) I'm teasing you of course, dearheart. I'm thrilled that you saw an orca!
LH said…
Hey J, I realize that I have a problem with being satisfied once I get what I want. I saw the first orca so quickly though, that it seemed logical that i would see many more and that life would just keep getting better and better. Maybe I'm just an optimist? I'll ponder that later when I get through this horrible hellish day.

Popular Posts