Three Random Thoughts


On our walk this week, we saw a shrew.  When we first spied it, I asked, "Mole or Vole?" But turns out it was neither.  Shrews are super common, so I'll probably see more shrews soon.

At Lake Griffey I saw a heron fly down and disappear into the rushes. Nancy says herons are good luck and I think she's right.  Today I lucked out and found an important paper I lost a long time ago. 

Today is my brother's birthday.  Glenn was an amazing man.  He died in 1990 when he was 28, from AIDS.  He really was the best little brother.  We scrabbled as children, but became besties as adults. I love him so. If you have a glass of wine tonight, give a little toast to my brother, please.  He was a friend to all.  



Comments

LH said…
ps His name is Glenn Timothy Heffernan.
Nancy said…
To Glenn! Cheers!
N
mm said…
A toast to Glenn! No toast to a shrew... ew...
cb said…
Happy birthday, Glenn. He was the best. Glenn's charm was so enchanting it makes me smile right now.

Cheers!
KC said…
To GLENN!

Popular Posts