The Yens



Gossip gets a bad rap.  Now that we're isolated, I find myself missing it. I've complained about the gossip-less nature of pandemic life this week a few times, to a few peeps. No one had even a jot of gossip to share.  Nothing's happening. No one's doing anything. In short, gossip is gone, but not forgotten.

  "We could make stuff up," offered Good Pal Sandra, and I considered doing that.  A good dose of hearsay could add some spark to my lockdown lethargy, but rumormongering is not what I'm going for right now. Plain old garden variety gossip is my yen.  I settled for some celebrity scuttle this morning. Author N and his wife A are having some marital problems and have asked for privacy.  They're quarantining apart.  A has the 4 year old with her, which to my mind is a bit unfair because quarantining with a 4 year old sounds like a hassle.

Another thing I'm missing is the Inside Scoop.  When you work at a school, there are people who always seem to have the Inside Scoop.  I am not one of those people, so I love it when I get a snippet on the down low from a scooper. Here's an example of Inside Scoop that I would be open to hearing from any friend on the inside track at any time, day or night.  "Don't tell anyone, but we're going back to school in fall, but not until after Labor Day and everything's going to be normal." Every day I hope beyond hope to get this scoop via email, text, or actual phone call.

Gossip and scooping aren't all about intrigue and innuendo.  They can bring to our lives belonging and connection, fun and friendship. Throw some gossip  and inside scoop my way if you get the chance.  Let's perk up this pandemic.  We're all in this together.






Comments

mm said…
I really hope I get the same scoop!
jdoc said…
I learned from a book club pal in Idaho (because book clubs don't have to be local any more) that her neighbors are getting a divorce because the pandemic just did not bring them together. I do not know these people and probably never will, but it is some gossip that I am happy to share with you now.
lee said…
Jdoc, Thank you!!!! This is A very satisfyIng story.
KC said…
I'm trying to think of any gossip that I know. If I think of some, I'll tell you.

Popular Posts