The Wishing

Last Thanksgiving, we made hand turkeys as we always do. We created a Hand Turkey Armada and on our turkey ships we wrote wishes for the world.  Do you remember?

On my beautiful hand turkey, I wished for more free time for one and all.  During this global pandemic, I think about that wish so often as I mull over what to do with my sheltering time.  I am filling my days with quality activities --- listening to Kronos Quartet, watching TV, writing and collaging in my notebook, slogging, reading, eating fine lunches, talking to Husbandman---but the free time isn't as great as I thought it would be.  I should have wished for virus-less free time, but back in November I had no idea that the coronavirus was heading our way.

Lesson learned. I've got to be careful about what I wish for.  There are so many people with more free time in the world now, but are our lives significantly better? In short, I blew it. From now on, I'm going to wish wishes that are simpler and more specific ---- bodhrans for all third grade teachers, electric tea kettles for women 59 and over,  typewriters for everyone who longs for a typewriter.  There's no way those wishes could go wrong and they could make the world a better place for people all over the globe.

Comments

mm said…
I always love the hand turkeys. Some have said this Covid thing is all my fault because I always lie on FB about not having school.
cb said…
Those wishes would definitely make the world a better place. Also, that lunch looks delicious.

xo
cb
KC said…
Free time seemed like a good idea. You can't be blamed.
jdoc said…
I find I actually have less free time than before. But I've decided to mostly not complain about that. Mostly.
Julie said…
I don't think we can lay this one at your feet. I've wished I could work from home more at least a hundred times. I never once thought to wish that husband did NOT work from home at the same time. :-O

Popular Posts