The Birding Bonus App

I'm trying to think of a birding app that could benefit others and encourage bird appreciation. The app would track the points you earn throughout the day for any or all interactions with birds.  You hear a bird chirping.  One point. You see a bird flying overhead.  Two points. You see your state bird, which for me is the cardinal---5 points.  Bird nest?  10 points.  You sight a bird you've never seen before, such as the prothonotary warbler or common yellowthroat.  20 points. Bald eagle. 50 points. Obviously.  Owl of any kind.  100 points.  
There would be other categories as well.  And possibilities for bonus points. At the end of the day, the person with the most points gets their name posted on a list.  


Comments

Nancy said…
I love this idea!
N
mm said…
Yes!
Mitzi Lewison said…
OK. I know I'm already over the edge on birding, but why the points? For newbies, yes. On the other hand, the serious birders, of which I am NOT one, do something similar. They keep lists of FOY (First of Year), Life Birds, etc. I have to admit that I just wrote down today's date for the 1st sighting of a hummer this year.
LH said…
Points just make everything more game-like????

15 points for first hummer sighting.

See?
Mitzi Lewison said…
😀😀😀

Popular Posts