The Zen

If I had more energy, I'd crop and straighten this photo.

Day 5.  These Thirdlanders are pretty darned nice.  Today they worked on writing in the morning. Some were even revising with green pencils. We read The Name Jar and I mispronounced the main character's name, so I'm going to have to correct that tomorrow.  We talked about Crow Boy and made some sketch notes.  We are building our reading stamina.  According to the Daily 5 book, the teacher should read as well at the beginning of the year, until the class gets to know the procedures.  These kids actually read a lot and are very focused, so I could've probably started reading conferences today, but I decided to keep reading ZEN TEACHER for one more day.   I'm enjoying the heck out of that book.  Our calm day had some riotous moments.  Case in point. One Thirdlander spent a considerable time in the restroom. When I asked why, the Thirdlander said, "My butt was exploding! It was almost having spontaneous combustion."  Besides this outlier, the day proceeded pretty much as planned.

Comments

Glad to hear these guys are holding it down with the reading. Did you take this bridge pic? It's so beautiful!
LH said…
Yes!thank you! I'm quite taken with it, and you!
KC said…
Oh my god. My butt was exploding!!
Julie Anna said…
LOVE the bridge photo. My butt was exploding one night recently as well. It's hard not to share that kind of information with someone you feel close to.
This is really great post . Thank you guys . Wish you Happy Valentines Day 2018

Popular Posts