May Bee Day 11

Maybe I have strep but maybe I don't.  Six Thirdlanders have been out of school this week with strep.  Today my throat started hurting a bit.  I'm also super tired.  Maybe I'll just go to sleep and not worry about it.  Then maybe I'll wake up tomorrow in great health.  Or maybe I'll wake up with strep and my dreams for a fun weekend with family in Georgia will be dashed.  Here's the thing though.  Whenever I felt sick or upset about stuff when I was a kid, my dad would look at me and say, "Remember, We don't break!"  He said it about a million times.  I always felt like it was a bit on the unsympathetic side.  But maybe it made me tough and resilient.  Hard to tell.
I recognize your power, streptococcus, but you don't know who you're dealing with here.  If you think you're taking me down, you better talk to your thoughts.

Comments

mm said…
I love the quote from your dad. It seems like something that should be added to a spoken word poem.
KC said…
My attitude is generally a don't break one, but then I'm always shocked when I do break. And when I do (it's rare), I tend to break spectacularly. This concept is interesting to think about.

Popular Posts