Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Advice Column

Some stuff has been on my nerves lately, but I'm just moving into gear a little more quickly, focusing on the next right action. I suggest you do the same. Here's a bulleted list of probably proven ways to keep an upbeat attitude.

  •  This morning, a nurse called me to tell me that I have high cholesterol.  So I'm not freaking out about that, I'm just having some oatmeal for breakfast. Whole grains, People. 
  • Tomorrow I have a phone conference with my editor.  I'm not freaking out about that, I'm just writing a list of stuff to talk about. Embrace the symbiotic relationship of the writer and the editor, People.  
  • Our district has a new math program and everyone except me went to the workshops explaining it, but I'm not freaking out about that.  I'm remembering that I know how to read a teacher's manual and I can figure it out later.  It's summer right now, People.  Do summer and don't freak. 

To recap:  Whole grains.  Embrace symbiosis.  Do summer.  Keep these 3 probably proven tips in mind as you go through your day today and all will be swell most likely.  Unless it's not. And that might be okay too.

3 comments:

nancy reynolds said...

Do summer. Yes!
N

Anonymous said...

Let the Rumpus begin!
jw

mm said...

Embrace summer and all it has to offer.