Yom Huledet Sameakh, IMA!

TR:  Happy Birthday, Mom!

Dear Mom,
      Happy Birthday!  You're probably really happy that you're getting your birthday card on my blog, rather than through the international postal services.  This way you don't have to walk to the mail box and you get it on the right day.

      I did buy you a card here, but then I didn't want to deal with figuring out how to mail it.  The supermarket is already causing me fits so the post office is probably way out of my league.
Here's what your card looks like:

It says Happy Birthday on the front and inside it says, Celebrate!  I will keep it and send it to you for real next year.

     I hope you have the happiest day Mom.  I am so jealous that Danny's there to share your day with you.  Danny probably thinks he's so great because he came home and I didn't.  Give him a cuff to the ear for me please.  Also please remind Dad and all my sibs that they are welcome to come visit me here any time they please.  I would be very happy to see any/all of you.  Baruch haba!  WELCOME!

      I love you so much Mom.  You're an inspiration to me.  Your love and support are always with me and I always feel you're on my team.  Even when things get tough, you always have a way of making them seem a little lighter, a little funnier. Please don't ever change.  I like you just the way you are.

      Peter (Husbandman) says 83 is a great birthday to have because it's a prime number.  You will not be prime again until 89.  I promise to be home for that one.  If we were with you now, we would make you a strawberry short cake.  But could you make Peter a key lime pie?  That seems fair and right.

      Love to you, from Haifa, dear Mother Mine.  This evening we will sit next to the Mediterranean Sea and watch the sunset and we will have a toast to Ann Heffernan, greatest mom in town. We will celebrate our great fortune and happiness at having you in our lives.

     


Comments

Gina Marie said…
First of all, that's an adorable picture. Great glasses!

Second, I love how much you love your mom. This post was fantastic.
cb said…
What a lovely birthday card/blog.

Your mom is extraordinary. It runs in the family.

xoxo
cb
Anonymous said…
Yes to everything on this blog page!!!
N
Anonymous said…
This has brought tears to my eyes.
jw
LH said…
Thanks friendies.

I like this tradition of buying the card, holding it up in a photo, and posting it on the blog.

Today was a frustrating writing day all day long until the last 45 minutes. Got something done. Yes!
Fistbump. Cupcake. Sprinkles. (Pronto Pup taught me this).

I'm feeling fairly content.
jdoc said…
I love this post. I hope my daughter will write one like it some day. And happy birthday to your mom!
mar said…
This is beautiful! You're one very lucky woman to have your Mom, and she's so lucky to have you as her daughter!

Popular Posts