Recap #8: The Sleeper


I work all weekend on a public law document for our Artful School.  I don't mind the work.  We are moving at a good clip and getting stuff done.  But then I find out Husbandman is having lunch with #1Son and I get to feeling a bit pitiful and pathetic.  Those are my least 2 fave feelings, so I suck it up and keep tallying survey data.  When I wake up today, Husbandman tells me #1 Son is sleeping in his bed. I don't want to wake him, so I slip in quietly and sit near his bed on the chair I don't like because it's a chair that he found in someone's trash years ago and likes to have in his room.  Anyway, that's neither here nor there.  I enjoy my coffee and I enjoy watching #1 Sleep for awhile.  I have not seen #1 Son for many weeks so this is a pleasure.  I find myself starting to cry a little.  For no reason and for every reason so I head out.  It would be awkward to wake him up because I'm crying because I miss him when we're right in the same room together.  So I express my emotions in a blog recap.  And get ready to head on down the road.  Big goals today:  Finish PL221, Enter a ton of data, help some people with their reading and writing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I say next time wake him.
jw
Oh Lee. I understand the "crying for no reason and for every reason" lately. <3 to you.
cb said…
Lovely recap.
mm said…
Ahhhh...
jdoc said…
This made me weepy. Very touching. Loved it.
Unknown said…
I loved it, too. Q always reminds me of Sheffie, and I love to picture this sweet future.

Popular Posts