Recap #4: The 5K

We started early in the morning.  I stood near the back.  Older brother and Younger Sister went to the front.  I went to the very end of the line.  I could tell I was not running well as I pretty much was at the way end of the pack.  At the one mile point, the timer said, "You're at 13 and a half minutes.  Really good considering how cold it is."  I laughed and added, "And considering what a crappy runner I am."
He yelled back, "Hey.  I am standing on the side with a poster.  You're doing it."  I thought that was v. nice.  Slogged along with a gal in pink shorts who kept running past me, and then that little brat would start walking in front of me.  By the end I had enough and passed her up. Ha Ha on you, Pink Shorts Gal.  Here's another nice thing.  Around the last corner, SIBS came back to meet me and they ran me in, side by side. Brotherman's not in this photo because the finish line alley got skinny and he dropped back.  I thought that was the sweetest thing ever and I cried a little heading over the finish. Their times?  Sister Just over 25.  Brother Just over 29.  My time was 45 minutes and 24 seconds, but I'm telling everyone 45 minutes.  I'm happy that I slogged the whole time.  Well done. We've decided to make this a fam tradition.

Comments

mm said…
You are amazing! Congrats! It sounds like a great family tradition.
Anonymous said…
Way to go Lee! You should be very Happy and proud!
Anonymous said…
Linda
kc said…
WAY TO GO, LEE!!! I love this photo a whole lot.
Anonymous said…
Love this photo and love this story!!!!! You did well, my friend, v.well! Congrats! Hope you are drinking some wine tonight!
N
former officemate said…
So proud of you Dr. H!!! I'm so happy that you're enjoying your time with the fam :)
Sarah Gardner said…
Way to go! PS I can't wait to tell you stories about D. and O. at the dance Friday =)
cb said…
So awesome and so well told. The photo is wonderful. You are too, Dr. H.

xoxo
cb
So cool! Congrats!!
Anonymous said…
Excellente!! Bravo!!
Mitzi
Anonymous said…
Love it!!!!
jw
jdoc said…
Well, this is just glorious. So proud of you!

Popular Posts