The Bigs


I'm reading a book called Walking In the World by Julia Cameron.  It's my second read through.  I like to read a bit in the morning before I work on the papers I'm trying unsuccessfully to write.  Then I scribble random thoughts in my notebook, then I get working.  Today I was supposed to write about big thoughts and big actions. Here's what I came up with:

Tree out my window.  It's dying and living at the same time
Eating crullers and fake bacon sandwiches
Gruyere cheese with pampano sauce
Dead seals shot in the head
Barking dogs with no place in particular to go
Fred Flintstone running in place  Barney beside him
Climb to the top of the waterfall No shoes
Move to Manhattan Walk 40 blocks a day
Imitate a quetzal  Get all preeny
Fan yourself with the largest fan ever made
Make a dress from cool lettuce leaves with cucumber detailing
Eat a plate of escargot and talk to them as you dine
Enjoy the massive heat

Comments

I wish I were still in a women's writing circle. When I was fifteen, that was probably the best part of my life. Except being in this family, duh.
This comment has been removed by the author.
LH said…
Well, obviously, being in this fam has been the best part. And a writing circle is one of the best things. I was in a writing group for a ton of years and I loved it so.

You would probably like these julia cameron books. The third one is very good. I forget the name of it.

Today I read about adventure and risk.
jdoc said…
I am going to be in a writing group for the next three weeks during a summer writing institute for teachers. I'm really thrilled about it.
KC said…
Maybe I should be in a writing group, too. I like what you've done here. I haven't worked on the paper yet today, but I will. I will.
Anonymous said…
I have never been in a writing group but I do think I would like it. So many weird or funny things have been happening to me lately that I really should blog. But yet I don't.
Jw
Bill said…
Dead seals shot in the head. That's sick.
LH said…
I know Bill. But that's what happened in Nova Scotia. A fisherman shot a harbor seal because it was eating too much mackerel. We've got to accept it.

Popular Posts