The Why


Since the Aurora massacre, I've been having a hard time staying away from articles about possible motives.   I know that there's nothing really to know about why this happened, past that the murderer is unhinged and broken. Still, I keep sneaking back to the googler, thinking that possibly this time there will be some info about why. Goal for today:  Try to let go of this irrational need to understand.

Another thing I'm looking for online is a widespread clamoring for some gun control.  Any little amount of control would be welcome.  Maybe there could be a limit placed on how many rounds of ammunition you can buy online. I'm not even sure what 6,000 rounds means because I don't buy ammunition or use it, but it seems excessive.

Comments

mm said…
Every time I buy anything with Pseudoephedrine, they make me show my driver's license and track my purchases. Would it be that difficult to do the same thing with ammunition? As for assault rifles, really?
LH said…
Right. This doesn't seem that hard.
KC said…
I agree with both of you. And, I agree that we can't understand broken and crazy.
Anonymous said…
Fresh Air had some guy on yesterday that wrote a book about the Columbine shooting. I just listened to parts of it but I hope to listen to the entire podcast. I remember him saying the motives of those two young men weren't what the general public thinks.
jw
jdoc said…
I can't believe we're not hearing more about gun control. It maddening. Please let us know if you find some clamoring online.

Popular Posts