The Problem


I'm trying to write an article, based on some chapters from my dissertation.  Here's the problem.  The dissertation is written with a million citations on every page.  I need to rewrite a lot of the diss to have less citations, but that's hard to figure out how to do because I don't want to take other people's words and claim them as my own.  I haven't figured this out yet.  Today I'm getting a little down about this.  Trying to stay upbeat and lighthearted, but may be slipping into the vortex.  Just may be slipping into the vortex. Heading to Seattle for a few days. The above problem is officially a back burner.

Comments

Anonymous said…
A trip is just what you need to stay out of the vortex! Have fun! Let's try to squeeze a lunch in there before the craziness all begins.
N
Anonymous said…
Now that is a challenge if I've ever heard one. Tough, tough tough. if anyone can figure it out though it's you.
jw
KC said…
That would be really hard. I feel your pain. And, I'm hoping you'll have a great time in Seattle. Also, I agree with Jw. You can do it.
LH said…
Seattle update: fun lunch and walk in a cool neighborhood, then a visit to Pike Place Market, then Seattle Art Museum for an awesome exhibit of modern Australian Aboriginal art. Dinner outside on the beautiful deck. Tomorrow we head to Whidbey Island.
Anonymous said…
This trip sounds lovely. Yay!
jw
LH said…
Hiked in Deception Pass yesterday. So beautiful. Saw 2 bald eagles from the car
LH said…
Hiked in fort Ebey park yesterday . So gorgeous. Let's all move to whisbeyisland island ASAP .
LH said…
Walked around the seaside town of Langley before taking the ferry back to Seattle.
LH said…
Chihuly exhibit. Then the kunekunepigs at the zoo. Another fun day in Seattle.
Anonymous said…
Awesome possum! Who says that? B&B
LH said…
You know I do doll... But did you know that I'm on a 2 hour delay inkansas city for no apparent reason? Bad end to a perfect trip.
LH said…
Re entry has been tough. Got to sleep at 230 am. This day should have been a blockbuster. Instead I did nothing. Didn't even post the picture of the nocturnal black slug we found on the trail at Ebey Park. I'm telling you something. That black slug was impressive.
KC said…
Hate to be high maintenance, but... more blogs please.

Just can't live w/o them.
LH said…
Okay, back in gear. Thinking about a start of school challenge. First 30 days or something like that? Parents like Pronto can join because he's fascinated by his whole family going back to school.

Popular Posts